Ash Effect- "the distortion of correct individual judgment by the incorrect but unanimous opposition"
This is a real life phenomenan that we supposed to be encountered where powerful correct inidividual decisions are taken against the collective opposition. But this situation has changed from good to bad where individual decisions are taken against the common good of the people.
Today rather the inverse of the Ash effect is becming the ruling reality in the society.
Inverse of Ash Effect- " irrationality of decisions, analysis and action of authoritative decision / policy makers, when they possess a competing and a contrasting view of the correct and collective opinion of the subordinates & peers"; is even a more significant reality
3 comments:
hmm...interesting, I wonder why they call it the "ash" effect...
I too wondered why its called "ash" effect... it's rather difficult to find a relationship between the nature of "ash" that we know and the phenomenan explained.
I am delighted to see that others are now following up on my original work. It is not "Ash" but "Asch". The Asch Effect is named after Solomon Asch (a professor of psychology). This is currently a rejected phenomenon but I am trying to reactivate it while broadening the scope by defining the Inverted Inverted Asch Effect also. These two effects are major causes of decision making blunders in regard to the military situation in Sri Lanka. In my view, both Bush and Blair both became victims of Inverted Asch Effect, in regard to their decision to go to war against Iraq.
Post a Comment