I being reading "Flight of the Phoenix" by John Whiteside & Sandra Egli and found following extracts interesting,
"...All of us work long hours at some time in our career, perhaps due to a crisis or a crucial project. If work is a labor of love you may spend hours lost to the outside world.
The greatest difficulty with this disease is that many companies reward and encourage it. Even when employees know that working long hours does not enhance the quality of their results, they fall prey to the pressure to demonstrate their dedication. Often having too much work to do is considered a sign of importance and being in demand. In many companies, employees are proud to be considered workalcolics."
"Workaholism is an addiction that often hides from people their enormous dissatisfaction with their work"
I think this may not be true for every individual that is work addicted. Each one may have their own resoning for being work addicted.
2 comments:
Workaholism is good, I think... I don't personally think it is a disease... Some people just do it show their importance and dedication... But I think I am a workaholic too but I do it simply because I like finishing with what I am assigned to... :)
Ineshka, you are a perfect example that proves workaholism is not always bad..
Post a Comment